Why are pet stains on carpeting so difficult to remove?
Whether you have an inside or an outside pet, chances are that you’re no stranger to pet carpet stains. Cats and dogs have a habit of tracking in dirt and debris from outside into your home and onto your carpeting. Even worse, many cats and dogs are not fully housebroken and often pee, poop, spray and vomit all over the carpeting.
Pet stains are truly combination stains for carpets as they contain protein, acids, and other materials. Combination stains are difficult to treat, and some blogs may suggest that you use DIY methods to clean pet stains from your carpet, such as pouring sugar or peroxide onto the stain. However, these DIY methods can often cause more harm to your carpet, and more of a mess for you to clean up. Therefore, only trust professional carpet cleaners and products with pet stains.
When you have a serious stain, you need a professional carpet cleaning product that is specifically formulated to remove the entire stain. Try Bio Oxy Stain Remover which is specially formulated to safely and effectively remove pet stains from carpet.
Tips for preventing pet stains in carpet
Housebreaking your pets is very important. Many people purchase pet pads to place in carpeted areas that pets often pee in. This is a great way to soak up the dog pee before it hits your carpet. However, pet pads are expensive and they are a recurring cost.
Another way to housebreak your dog to prevent carpet stains is to take your dog to a training center. Oftentimes dog training can last from a week up to a month. This is often a one-time cost if your pooch picks up on the training the first time around.
A less costly solution to preventing pet stains on your carpet is to only allow your cat or dog on non-carpeted areas of the house. If you have an outdoor pet, only allow them to come in the kitchen. Or, if you have an indoor pet, consider investing in those little pet doors to mark off carpeted rooms.
How to remove pet stains from carpet
Remember, pet stains are very serious due to the proteins involved, but with Bio Oxy Stain Remover you’ll be able to clean the entire pet stain from your carpet safely and effectively. Even better, you’ll be able to completely remove the pet stain smell. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A damp towel
- Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- Some dry towels
- A vacuum cleaner (optional)
- A heavy weight
How to remove pet stains with Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- Use a paper towel to remove any pieces of pet debris from the carpeting (poop, hairball, etc.)
- Spray the pet stain carpet area liberally with Bio Oxy Stain Remover.
- Allow Bio Oxy Stain Remover to sit on the carpeting for up to 30 minutes.
- Use an old toothbrush to gently scrub the carpet fibers.
- Now, use a wet sponge to flush the area with water.
- Dry the area with a towel after each flushing with clean water.
- Spray the area again with Bio Oxy Stain Remover and again flush the area with water.
- After flushing the area, the carpet will be quite wet. Put a nice dry towel on top of the carpet and place a heavy weight on top.
- Remove the weight after a few hours and replace the towel with a new dry towel.
- After the carpet has dried, use a vacuum cleaner extension again to refresh the texture of your newly cleaned carpet.