Why are pet pee stains on carpeting so difficult to remove?
Many cats and dogs aren’t completely housebroken and often pee all over the carpet. This can often happen when owners are out of the house for some time. Pet pee carpet stains often happen when owners leave their pets alone in the home during short vacations. Pet pee carpet stains are particularly pungent carpet stains and require professional carpet stain removing products to clean. Even worse, pet pee stains can truly carry an animal smell that is difficult to remove even after cleaning.
Pet pee stains are truly combination stains for carpets as they contain protein, acids, and other materials. Combination stains are difficult to treat, and some blogs may suggest that you use DIY methods to clean pet pee stains from your carpet, such as pouring sugar or peroxide onto the stain. However, these DIY methods can often cause more harm to your carpet, and more of a mess for you to clean up. Therefore, only trust professional carpet cleaners and products with pet pee stains.
Pet pee carpet stains are serious carpet stains and require professional products like Bio Oxy Stain Remover to thoroughly clean the stain and the pee smell.
Tips for preventing pet pee stains in carpet
Housebreaking your pets is very important. Many people purchase pet pads to place in carpeted areas that pets often pee in. This is a great way to soak up the dog pee before it hits your carpet. However, pet pads are expensive and they are a recurring cost.
Another way to housebreak your dog to prevent carpet pee stains is to take your dog to a training center. Oftentimes dog training can last from a week up to a month. This is often a one-time cost if your pooch picks up on the training the first time around.
A less costly solution to preventing pet pee stains on your carpet is to only allow your cat or dog on non-carpeted areas of the house. If you have an outdoor pet, only allow them to come in the kitchen. Or, if you have an indoor pet, consider investing in those little pet doors to mark off carpeted rooms.
How to remove pet stains from carpet
Remember, pet pee stains are very serious due to the proteins involved, but with Bio Oxy Stain Remover you’ll be able to clean the entire pet stain from your carpet safely and effectively. Even better, you’ll be able to completely remove the pet pee carpet stain smell. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A damp towel
- Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- Some dry towels
- A vacuum cleaner (optional)
- A heavy weight
How to remove pet stains with Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- Use a paper towel to remove any pieces of pet debris from the carpeting (poop, hairball, etc.)
- Spray the pet stain carpet area liberally with Bio Oxy Stain Remover.
- Allow Bio Oxy Stain Remover to sit on the carpeting for up to 30 minutes.
- Use an old toothbrush to gently scrub the carpet fibers.
- Now, use a wet sponge to flush the area with water.
- Dry the area with a towel after each flushing with clean water.
- Spray the area again with Bio Oxy Stain Remover and again flush the area with water.
- After flushing the area, the carpet will be quite wet. Put a nice dry towel on top of the carpet and place a heavy weight on top.
- Remove the weight after a few hours and replace the towel with a new dry towel.
- After the carpet has dried, use a vacuum cleaner extension again to refresh the texture of your newly cleaned carpet.