Why are dog poop stains on carpeting so difficult to remove?
Dogs are considered to be man’s best friend by many. They’re loyal, kind, intelligent, but they also excrete a variety of substances all over your house. Even with the best behaved dogs, dog poop can be found in the unlikeliest of places around the house. No matter how much you love your dog, do not let your pooch ruin your carpeting. Carpet is a very expensive investment. Therefore, only use the most professional carpet cleaning solutions to remove dog poop from carpet.
Dog poop stains are combination stains. They’re full of digested foods and all sorts of other substances. Combination stains are difficult to remove from carpeting. Luckily, Bio Oxy Stain Remover is specially formulated to remove dog poop stains from carpets.
Tips for preventing dog stains in carpet
Housebreaking your dogs is very important. Many people purchase dog pads to place in carpeted areas that dogs often pee in. This is a great way to soak up the dog pee before it hits your carpet. However, dog pads are expensive and they are a recurring cost.
You can also attempt some negative reinforcement with your beloved pooch. A simply spray bottle with water is a great way to negatively reinforce pooping on the carpet behaviors. Simply spray your dog in the face with a couple squirts of water if you see him getting into position.
A less costly solution to preventing dog stains on your carpet is to only allow your dog on non-carpeted areas of the house. If you have an outdoor dog, only allow them to come in the kitchen. Or, if you have an indoor dog, consider investing in those little dog doors to mark off carpeted rooms.
How to remove dog poop stains from carpet
Remember, dog poop stains are very serious due to the proteins involved, but with Bio Oxy Stain Remover you’ll be able to clean the entire dog stain from your carpet safely and effectively. Even better, you’ll be able to completely remove the dog stain smell. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A damp towel
- Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- Some dry towels
- A vacuum cleaner (optional)
- A heavy weight
How to remove dog poop stains with Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- Use a paper towel to remove any pieces of dog poop from the carpet
- Spray the dog poop carpet stain area liberally with Bio Oxy Stain Remover.
- Allow Bio Oxy Stain Remover to sit on the carpeting for up to 30 minutes.
- Use an old toothbrush to gently scrub the carpet fibers to remove the dog poop carpet stain.
- Now, use a wet sponge to flush the area with water.
- Dry the area with a towel after each flushing with clean water.
- Spray the area again with Bio Oxy Stain Remover and again flush the area with water.
- After flushing the area, the carpet will be quite wet. Put a nice dry towel on top of the carpet and place a heavy weight on top.
- Remove the weight after a few hours and replace the towel with a new dry towel.
- After the carpet has dried, use a vacuum cleaner extension again to refresh the texture of your newly cleaned carpet.