Why are cat stains on carpeting so difficult to remove?
Whether you have an inside or an outside cat, chances are that you’re no stranger to cat carpet stains. Cats not only have a habit of tracking in dirt into your house, but they also vomit, pee and poop everywhere. It takes a real cat lover to tolerate the plethora of cat excretions that occur in a cat owner’s household. Having a cat will definitely take a toll on your carpet. Some experts say that pets can reduce the lifespan of your carpeting by up to 50%. Therefore, be sure that you’ve got some professional cleaning products at home to treat these frequent cat stains.
Tips for preventing cat stains in carpet
Housebreaking your cats is very important. Many people purchase cat pads to place in carpeted areas that cats often pee in. This is a great way to soak up the cat pee before it hits your carpet. However, cat pads are expensive and they are a recurring cost.
A less costly solution to preventing cat stains on your carpet is to only allow your cat on non-carpeted areas of the house. If you have an outdoor cat, only allow them to come in the kitchen. Or, if you have an indoor cat, consider investing in those little cat doors to mark off carpeted rooms.
How to remove cat stains from carpet
Remember, cat stains are very serious due to the proteins involved, but with Bio Oxy Stain Remover you’ll be able to clean the entire cat stain from your carpet safely and effectively. Even better, you’ll be able to completely remove the cat stain smell. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A damp towel
- Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- Some dry towels
- A vacuum cleaner (optional)
- A heavy weight
How to remove cat stains with Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- Use a paper towel to remove any pieces of cat debris from the carpeting (poop, hairball, etc.)
- Spray the cat stain carpet area liberally with Bio Oxy Stain Remover.
- Allow Bio Oxy Stain Remover to sit on the carpeting for up to 30 minutes.
- Use an old toothbrush to gently scrub the carpet fibers.
- Now, use a wet sponge to flush the area with water.
- Dry the area with a towel after each flushing with clean water.
- Spray the area again with Bio Oxy Stain Remover and again flush the area with water.
- After flushing the area, the carpet will be quite wet. Put a nice dry towel on top of the carpet and place a heavy weight on top.
- Remove the weight after a few hours and replace the towel with a new dry towel.
- After the carpet has dried, use a vacuum cleaner extension again to refresh the texture of your newly cleaned carpet.