Why are cat poop stains on carpeting so difficult to remove?
There’s nothing worse than coming home to cat poop all over your carpeting. Not only is the actual poop disgusting to remove, but it can often leave stains on your carpet. Cat poop stains can truly carry a deep and disgusting animal smell that is difficult to remove. Cat poop stains are especially difficult to remove after they have sat on the carpet for weeks. Why is that? Well, cat poop stains are truly combination stains for carpets as they contain protein, acids, and other materials.
Combination stains are difficult to treat, and some blogs may suggest that you household items to remove the stain in a do-it-yourself fashion. However, never use salts, sugars, or vinegars on your carpeting. This can react poorly with the cat poop and then you’ll have a real mess on your hands.
Cat poop carpet stains are serious carpet stains and require professional products like Bio Oxy Stain Remover to thoroughly clean the stain and the pee smell due to the proteins involved.
Tips for preventing cat poop stains in carpet
It’s rather difficult to prevent a beloved cat from pooping on the carpet. Cat poop stains are indeed very difficult to prevent. However, housebreaking your cats is very important. If you can isolate the top areas that your cat pees and poops on the carpet, you can purchase a pee pad for the area. Of course, this isn’t a long term solution, but it does protect your carpet from stains.
You could also try negative reinforcement with your cat when he poops on the carpet and positive reinforcement when he poops in his litter box. It’s easy to get a spray bottle full of water to spray your cat with when he gets in the position to poop on the carpet. You can also try shouting “NO” or clapping.
How to remove cat stains from carpet
If you’ve already got a cat poop carpet stain on your hands, there’s no need to fret. Bio Oxy Stain Remover is specially formulated to safely and effectively remove protein-based stains from cat poop. Even better, Bio Oxy Stain Remover will eliminate the nasty smell of cat poop from your carpeting.
Here’s all you’ll need to remove the cat poop carpet stain:
- A damp towel
- Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- Some dry towels
- A vacuum cleaner (optional)
- A heavy weight
How to remove cat stains with Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- Use a paper towel to remove the cat poop from the carpet
- Spray the cat stain carpet area liberally with Bio Oxy Stain Remover.
- Allow Bio Oxy Stain Remover to sit on the carpeting for up to 30 minutes.
- Use an old toothbrush to gently scrub the carpet fibers.
- Now, use a wet sponge to flush the area with water.
- Dry the area with a towel after each flushing with clean water.
- Spray the area again with Bio Oxy Stain Remover and again flush the area with water.
- After flushing the area, the carpet will be quite wet. Put a nice dry towel on top of the carpet and place a heavy weight on top.
- Remove the weight after a few hours and replace the towel with a new dry towel.
- After the carpet has dried, use a vacuum cleaner extension again to refresh the texture of your newly cleaned carpet.