Why are oil stains in carpet so difficult to remove?
How did you spill oil on your carpeting? Perhaps you were working on your car and some oil dripped onto your clothing, or shoes, which you tracked into the house. Or, perhaps you were
walking through the house with oil in your hands. Children’s toys, shoes, and other discarded items on the floor could have caused you to easily trip and spill the oil all over your carpeting. If you’re running in the house with oil, it’s an even greater recipe for disaster. Spilling oil on your kitchen floor is already a big enough cleanup job. However, once the oil has spilled on your carpet, it is even more difficult to remove. This is because oil stains are stains that deeply penetrate the fibers of your carpet. Oil stains actually bond with the fibers of your carpet, which is why you need a heavy duty carpet stain removal product to fight through the oil.
Luckily KickAss Stain Remover is specially formulated to attack oil and grease stains in your carpeting. But remember, you must treat the oil stain as quickly as possible. Once the oil carpet stain has set into the carpeting, you will most definitely need professional cleaning solutions to remove the oil. So, head on over to our online shop to pick up some KickAss Stain Remover of your own to get rid of the oil stain on your carpeting quickly and easily.
Tips for preventing oil stains in carpet
Whenever you’re working on your car, motorcycle, or other vehicle, ensure that you take off your clothes and shoes before you enter a carpeted area. This may require some additional planning, such as leaving a towel to change into in a non-carpeted area. However, this will drastically reduce the chance that you will track oil into your home, which will create an oil carpet stain.
How to remove oil stains from carpet
Removing oil carpet stains can be quite a bother. However, KickAss Stain Remover has been specially formulated with oil-attacking molecules to ensure that the oil stain is thoroughly removed from your carpet. Here is all you need to get started:
- A damp cloth
- KickAss Stain Remover
- Two to three dry cloths
- A vacuum cleaner
- A heavy weight
- A toothbrush
How to remove oil stains with KickAss Stain Remover
- Start by using one of the dry towels to soak up as much excess oil from your carpeting as possible. Dab the area to soak up the oil.
- Use KickAss Stain Remover to thoroughly clean the area by spraying the entire carpet stain area. Now, work the product into the fibers of your carpeting with your fingers so all the fibers are covered.
- Now use the moist towel to soak up the product from your carpet. Re-moisten the towel as needed and continue to blot the area clean.
- Now, it’s time to dry your carpet. Place the big, dry towel over the area.
- Next, put the weight on top of the dry towel and leave it for a few hours. Check back to see if you need to turn the towel over once one side has absorbed the moisture.
- Once you remove the towel you should see that the oil carpet stain is completely gone.
- Feel free to vacuum the carpet to restore its original texture.