Why are makeup stains on carpeting so difficult to remove?
Nowadays makeup is clinically formulated to last all day. Even better, some forms of makeup are available in waterproof versions that one can only remove using special cleansers. If this makeup hits the floor, it will fly everywhere. This is especially true with loose powders. Lipstick or mascara will hit the floor and leave a tale-tale smear. Whatever type of makeup carpet stain you’re dealing with, you’ll need some serious carpet stain-fighting cleaner to gently yet effectively remove the makeup stain.
Makeup is really a combination stain because each individual piece of makeup is made up of animal products, chemicals, dyes and minerals. All of these ingredients come together to form a powerful carpet stain.
Attention: Do not use DIY methods to clean makeup from your carpet. Many organic blogs encourage you to pour salt, sugar, or oils onto your carpet to remove the makeup stain, but you know better than this! Pouring food products on top of makeup on your carpet is a recipe for disaster. If you have a makeup carpet stain, you need a serious product to clean your carpet.
Tips for preventing makeup stains in carpet
Be sure to apply your makeup in the bathroom. It may be tempting to apply your makeup while on the go, or while roaming through the house. However, it is always best to put on your makeup at the bathroom sink. In this way, loose powder and eyeshadow particles can fall into the sink for an easy cleanup.
Makeup stains on carpet can also occur if you smear your made-up face against the carpet. If you’re stretching or doing yoga, be sure to use your yoga mat. Be aware of the amount and type of makeup you’re wearing if you place your face against the carpet.
How to remove makeup stains from carpet
Remember, makeup stains are very serious, but with KickAss Stain Remover you’ll be able to eradicate the entire carpet stain quickly and effectively. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A damp towel
- KickAss Stain Remover
- Some dry towels
- A vacuum cleaner (optional)
- A heavy weight
How to remove makeup stains with KickAss Stain Remover
- If you spilled a powder-based makeup, use the vacuum cleaner extension to try to remove as much makeup as possible from the carpet.
- Spray the area with KickAss Stain Remover . Don’t be afraid to work KickAss Stain Remover into the fibers of your carpeting with your fingers.
- Allow KickAss Stain Remover to sit on the carpeting for up to 30 minutes. If the stain is very severe, you can also use an old toothbrush to gently scrub the area.
- Now, use a wet sponge to flush the area with water.
- Now, you’ll see that your carpet is quite wet. Place the heavy weight on top of the dry towel and allow it to sit for an hour or two.
- Feel free to open a window to aerate the carpet.
- Use a vacuum cleaner extension again to refresh the texture of your newly cleaned carpet.
- Remember, makeup is a dye. Therefore, you may need to repeat these steps. If the stain has been sitting on your carpet for more than a week, you may also want to use an old toothbrush to scrub KickAss Stain Remover deeply into the fibers of your carpet.