Why are makeup stains on carpeting so difficult to remove?
We’ve all seen the lipstick commercials on television that promote the 24-hour lipsticks. These long lasting lip colors are notorious for leaving difficult-to-remove carpet stains on your precious carpeting. Whether you dropped your lipstick container, or accidentally rolled around on the carpet with your lipstick on, lipstick carpet stains can be a real pain to remove.
Lipstick is made up of animal products, chemicals, dyes and minerals. All of these ingredients come together to form a powerful combination carpet stain. Furthermore, the dyes in specific shades of red lipstick can be incredibly powerful stain agents. The long-lasting 24-hour lipstick is even worse and cannot be removed without professional carpet stain remover products.
Attention: Do not use DIY methods to clean lipstick from your carpet. Many organic blogs encourage you to pour salt, sugar, or oils onto your carpet to remove the lipstick stains. However, these DIY methods are incredibly dangerous and can really harm your carpeting.
Tips for preventing lipstick stains in carpet
Be sure to apply your makeup in the bathroom. It may be tempting to apply your lipstick while on the go, or while roaming through the house. However, it is always best to put on your makeup at the bathroom sink. Therefore, if you drop your lipstick it will not harm your carpet.
Makeup stains on carpet can also occur if you smear your made-up face against the carpet. If you’re stretching or doing yoga, be sure to use your yoga mat. Be aware of the amount and type of makeup you’re wearing if you place your face against the carpet. One slip during yoga and your lipstick or lipgloss can easily smear all over the carpeting.
How to remove lipstick stains from carpet
Remember, lipstick stains are very serious, but with KickAss Stain Remover you’ll be able to completely remove even the long-lasting 24-hour lipstick stains from your carpet. Here’s all you’ll need:
- A damp towel
- KickAss Stain Remover
- Some dry towels
- A vacuum cleaner (optional)
- A heavy weight
How to remove lipstick stains with KickAss Stain Remover
- Spray the area with KickAss Stain Remover . Don’t be afraid to work KickAss Stain Remover into the fibers of your carpeting with your fingers to ensure that you coat all of the lipstick stain with the product.
- Allow KickAss Stain Remover to sit on the carpeting for up to 30 minutes. If the stain is very severe, such as from the long-lasting lipstick, you can also use an old toothbrush to gently scrub the area.
- Now, use a wet sponge to flush the area with water vigorously.
- The carpet is now very wet. Therefore, place the heavy weight on top of the dry towel and allow it to sit for an hour or two.
- Feel free to open a window to air out the carpet.
- Use a vacuum cleaner extension again to refresh the texture of your newly cleaned carpet.
- Remember, makeup is a dye. Therefore, you may need to repeat these steps. If the lipstick stain has been sitting on your carpet for more than a week, you may also want to use an old toothbrush to scrub KickAss Stain Remover deeply into the fibers of your carpet.