Why are ink stains on carpeting so difficult to remove?
Ink is a fun product to use when writing old fashioned style handwritten letters. Ink is also often used by artists for a variety of projects. However, ink is also quite messy and is very easy to spill. The dye in ink is made from particles of pigment, which are suspended in the ink. Pigment molecules can bond with carpeting very easily, so if you spill ink on your carpet, you’re in for a real disaster. Ink is one of the most difficult stains to remove from any surface. Black ink is especially dangerous, along with other dark-colored ink varieties. These inks can stain your carpet forever.
Luckily, there is hope for an ink carpet stain. However, you will need multiple treatments by KickAss Stain Remover in order to remove the stain.
Tips for preventing ink stains in carpet
When you’re using ink to handwrite letters, or for an art project, be sure to place a lot of newspapers or tarps under your work area. If you are using newspapers, be sure to have multiple layers so that if the ink spills, it won’t bleed through.
Furthermore, it would be an even better idea to only use ink on non-carpeted surfaces. In fact, ink is so dangerous as a stain, that it may even be better only to use ink outdoors.
How to remove ink stains from carpet
Remember, ink stains are very serious, but with <product name> you’ll be able to clean the entire ink carpet stain area. You’ll only need:
- A damp towel
- KickAss Stain Remover
- Some dry towels
- A vacuum cleaner (optional)
- A heavy weight
How to remove ink stains with KickAss Stain Remover
- Use a paper towel to try to soak up as much of the spilled ink as possible. Blot and do not press hard on the area. You do not want the ink to sink further into the carpet fibers.
- Spray the entire ink carpet stained area with KickAss Stain Remover . Use your fingers to work the product into the fibers of the carpeting.
- Now, use a wet sponge to flush the area with water.
- Blot up the water with a towel or paper towel.
- Spray the entire area again with KickAss Stain Remover and use an old toothbrush to scrub the area.
- Use the wet sponge again to rinse the area and a paper towel to blot up the water.
- Now, you’ll see that your carpet is quite wet. Place the heavy weight on top of the dry towel and allow it to sit for an hour or two. You can feel free to flip the towel if it becomes wet on one side.
- Use a vacuum cleaner extension again to refresh the texture of your newly cleaned carpet.
- Severe ink carpet stains may require you to repeat these steps. Remember, ink is one of the most severe stains possible.