Why are tea stains so difficult to remove from the carpet?
Everyone enjoys a fresh cup of warm tea in the morning, afternoon, or evening. Having friends over for tea can be one of the most pleasant activities for winter months. However, once one of your friends has spilled their earl gray over your light colored carpeting, friendships can indeed be tested.
Tea stains on carpet are especially difficult to remove, as tea is basically a dye. Essentially, the darker the tea—the more difficult it is to remove the tea stain from your carpet.
Additionally, you should beware of homemade DIY carpet stain removal techniques for tea. Many of these methods will encourage you to pour salt onto the stain. However, this can often add to the stain, and create an even greater mess to deal with. So, head on over to our online shop to pick up some professional carpet stain removal cleaner by Bio Oxy Stain Remover to clean the tea stain quickly and thoroughly.
Tips for preventing tea stains in carpet
Accidents happen, but learning from these accidents is the key to preventing future carpet stains. After all, your carpeting is a vital part of your home and deserves to be maintained. In order to prevent tea stains in your carpeting, it is important to analyze how the stain occurred. Often, tea stains in carpet occur when someone is running through the house, or trips while carrying tea. Consider having your tea in the kitchen, or in areas without carpeting. Furthermore, be sure to instruct your kids on how to carry hot beverages such as tea and coffee through carpeted areas.
How to remove tea stains from carpet
Here’s what you’ll need to remove those nasty tea stains from your carpet:
- A damp cloth
- Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- Two to three dry cloths
- A vacuum cleaner
- A heavy weight
How to remove tea stains with Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- Start by using one of the dry cloths to soak up as much excess tea as possible from the carpet. Dab the stain with the dry cloth and try not to scrub the area. Use pressure to try to get all of the excess moisture from the depths of the carpeting.
- Now it’s time to bring out the big guns. Use Bio Oxy Stain Remover to thoroughly clean the area by spraying the entire carpet stain area. Now, work the product into the fibers of your carpeting with your fingers so all the fibers are covered with Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- Allow Bio Oxy Stain Remover to sit on the carpeting for 5-10 minutes.
- After allowing Bio Oxy Stain Remover to sit on the carpeting for up to 10 minutes, you can use the moist towel to soak up the remaining moisture from the carpet. Feel free to re-moisten the towel, or switch to a new towel as needed.
- Repeat this process until most of the excess moisture has been absorbed and removed from your carpet.
- Once you have thoroughly soaked up the product, your carpet will be quite wet. Place the big, dry towel over the area.
- Now, put the heavy weight on top of the dry towel and leave it for a few hours.
- Check back in a few hours and flip over the towel and place the heavy weight on top of the towel again.
- Check back in a few hours and remove the weight.
- Consider opening a window, or using a fan to dry the carpet thoroughly.
- Repeat the steps if needed if the tea carpet stain persists.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to refresh your carpet’s texture.