Why are salad dressing stains so difficult to remove from your carpet?
If you’ve got a salad dressing carpet stain, then at least you’re eating salad. Salad is a healthy way to enjoy your vegetables in a tasty way. It’s so relaxing to turn on Netflix while eating your favorite salad on the couch on the weekends. However, if you accidentally leave the lid off of the salad dressing, it can easily spill. Depending on the type of salad dressing you’re using, the stain can vary in intensity. For example, colored salad dressings like thousand island or red wine vinegar can truly wreak havoc on your beautiful carpeting.
Salad dressing carpet stains are referred to as combination stains. This is because salad dressing is made up of various ingredients including oil, fat, preservatives, spices and natural flavors. This makes salad dressing carpet stains a combination stain with some real sticking power.
You may have read other blog posts from natural blogs that encourage you to treat your carpet stains using natural ingredients like salt or sugar. However, treating a carpet stain with more food-products is a very bad idea and will only increase the sticking power of the stain.
It’s important to note that the longer the salad dressing spill sits on your carpet, the deeper the salad dressing carpet stain will penetrate into the fibers of your carpeting. If the salad dressing stain is able to dry it will be incredibly difficult to remove and you will definitely need Bio Oxy Stain Remover. Bio Oxy Stain Remover. Bio Oxy Stain Remover is clinically formulated to remove difficult carpet stains from condiment carpet stains like salad dressing and other spills.
Tips for preventing salad dressing stains on carpet
Salad dressing carpet stains can easily be prevented by eating only in the kitchen. However, this is not always feasible during house parties, or when you’re watching tv while eating on the couch. In these scenarios, it is best to prepare your salad in the kitchen and leave the salad dressing in the kitchen after use. Then, ensure that you have a napkin with you at all times when eating in carpeted areas. Finally, do not leave your half-finished plates of food in the floor. A salad bowl that is coated in salad dressing with a fork in it on the carpet is a recipe for disaster. Your children or family members could easily trip over it and then the salad dressing will go flying all over your beautiful carpet.
How to remove salad dressing stains from carpet
Removing salad dressing carpet stains is easy with Bio Oxy Stain Remover. You will only need a few things to help you with the salad dressing carpet stain:
- Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- A dry towel or paper towels
- A wet towel or sponge
- A vacuum cleaner (optional)
- A heavy weight
How to remove salad dressing stains with Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- Be sure to hurry to remove the salad dressing from the carpet as soon as possible and swoop in with a paper towel to scoop up as much as possible.
- Now, use the wet sponge to flush the area with water. Try not to press down or scrape against the carpet fibers as this could increase the stain. Blot the salad dressing stained area of your carpet with the sponge or towel instead.
- Use Bio Oxy Stain Remover to spray the salad dressing spill area on your carpet. Spray liberally and use your fingers to pull the carpet fibers to the side to spray deeply into the carpeting. If you notice any severely stained areas, work the product into those areas with your fingers.
- Bio Oxy Stain Remover should sit on the carpet for up to 20 minutes.
- Use the wet towel or the wet sponge to rinse Bio Oxy Stain Remover out of the carpet as best as possible.
- Dry the carpet with the paper towels or the dry towel by again blotting the area rather than pressing or scraping.
- Place a fresh dry towel on top of the area and place a heavy weight on top. The weight will allow the last remaining bits of the stain to be soaked up with the water.
- In an hour or so you can remove the weight and the towel.
- Open a window or turn on a fan to ventilate the area and fully dry the stained area.
- Finally, vacuum the area to increase the fluffy texture of the carpeting in this area.