Why are mustard stains so difficult to remove from your carpet?
Even the highest priced carpeting is not completely resistant to stains. And everyone enjoys a nice hotdog, hamburger, or fries with some mustard while watching tv in the beautifully carpeted livingroom. And everyone also knows the horror as you watch your child or spouse spill their dinner all over the carpet. Mustard from a hamburger or hotdog is an especially notorious stain for carpets, as mustard is essentially a dye that bonds quickly with cotton fibers.
Mustard spills are incredibly tricky to remove from the carpet. Even if you treat the mustard stain quickly, the bright yellow will require some serious muscle power if you’re using over-the-counter remedies. Additionally, the longer the mustard sits on your carpet, the deeper the mustard will penetrate into the fibers of your carpeting. Once a mustard spill has dried completely on the carpet you will need professional products to remove the stain. Thankfully, mustard stains are a breeze to remove with Bio Oxy Stain Remover. With Bio Oxy Stain Remover even the brightest yellow mustard stains will dissipate into thin air to reveal your fresh carpeting.
Attention: Some websites may encourage you to use a do-it-yourself method to remove stains from your carpet using items from your pantry like salt, vinegar, or sugar. However, these DIY methods will often only increase the stain and harm your carpet. We strongly recommend that you use a professional carpet cleaner like Bio Oxy Stain Remover that is specially formulated to remove tough stains like mustard stains.
Tips for preventing mustard stains on carpet
We all know the joys of eating our favorite junk foods in front of the television. Nothing tastes better on a summer evening than a freshly grilled hamburger smothered in ketchup and mustard. However, that summer evening can take a dark twist if you happen to spill that hamburger on the carpet. We all know that slow-motion-feeling as the plate drops and spills so exquisitely all over the new carpeting. Thankfully, we can prevent these carpet stains by thinking through the situation and making a plan of action.
Even though summer barbeques most often take place outside, we all know that child or adult who will bring their plate into the living room to watch some tv. Therefore, at your barbeques it is vital to ensure that guests know that no food can enter the home.
If you’re having an indoor get-together, make sure to make a round around the home every few minutes to pick up plates that guests have left on the floor. These half-eaten plates are incredibly dangerous to your carpeting.
One simple way to prevent mustard stains in your carpet is to only allow your guests to eat in non-carpeted areas. If a no-food-outside-the-kitchen rule is too strict for you, at least ensure that your family members have easy access to napkins.
How to remove mustard stains from carpet
Remember, do not risk your carpet with do-it-yourself methods to clean the mustard stains. With Bio Oxy Stain Remover you’ll be able to professionally and thoroughly remove the entire stain from your carpet quickly and easily. All you’ll need is:
- Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- A dry towel or paper towels
- A wet towel or sponge
- A vacuum cleaner (optional)
- A heavy weight
How to remove mustard stains with Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- Use a dry towel or some paper towels to remove the mustard from the carpet. Try your best to remove the mustard as lightly as possible. If you put pressure on the mustard it may only dig deeper into your carpeting.
- Use the wet towel or sponge to rinse the area with water. Try to flush out as much excess mustard as possible.
- Spray the carpet stain with Bio Oxy Stain Remover and work it deeply into your carpet with your fingers so all the fibers are completely covered with Bio Oxy Stain Remover.
- Allow the product to sit on the carpet for up to 25 minutes. Then, use the wet towel to rinse out the rest of the product from the fibers of the carpet.
- Put the dry towel on top of the area and place the heavy weight on top of the towel. Check back in a couple hours and flip the towel over and replace the weight.
- In an hour or two remove the weight.
- Feel free to open a window or use a fan to dry the area.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to refresh the texture of your newly cleaned carpet.
- Repeat the above stains if the mustard stain persists.