Why are ketchup stains so difficult to remove from your carpet?
Even the highest priced carpeting is not completely resistant to stains. And everyone enjoys a nice hotdog, hamburger, or fries with some ketchup while watching tv in the livingroom. However, when that hotdog goes flying across the room and your beautiful light-colored carpeting is stained bright red, you may re-think your decision to eat dinner while watching tv.
Ketchup spills on carpeting can be very difficult to remove, even if you are able to treat the spill quickly. Ketchup stains that have had time to sit on the carpeting for longer are even more difficult to remove. The longer the ketchup sits on your carpet, the deeper the ketchup will penetrate into the fibers of your carpeting. Once a spill has dried into the carpeting it is a considered a full-blown stain. Luckily, ketchup stains on carpeting is easy to remove with Bio Oxy Stain Remover. With Bio Oxy Stain Remover your ketchup stains will disappear to reveal fresh carpeting in no time.
You may find online that some websites encourage you to try a do-it-yourself method to remove stains from your carpet, but we strongly encourage you to use a professional carpet cleaning solution like Bio Oxy Stain Remover to remove ketchup stains from your carpet. DIY methods will often increase the stain and severely damage your carpeting.
Tips for preventing ketchup stains on carpet
Ketchup stains often occur when you are either eating in front of the television, or having a family get-together at your home. Although family barbeques often take place on the lawn, you will always encounter the child or pesky adult who will bring their plate into your home. Try to ensure that your guests know your house rules, such as “no eating on the carpeting.”
Furthermore, ensure that guests have easy access to napkins, and that there aren’t any toys or other objects in the floor that guests could easily trip over. Additionally, if you’re having an indoor party, make sure to walk around and pick up any plates that guests may have left on the floor. These half-eaten plates can easily be tipped over by guests.
Ketchup spills can also occur on your carpeting when you eat in carpeted areas. One simple way to prevent ketchup stains in your carpet is to only allow family members to eat in the kitchen. If a no-food-outside-the-kitchen rule is too strict for you, at least ensure that your family members have a napkin or towel with them when eating in other rooms.
How to remove ketchup stains from carpet
Like we mentioned before, do not use do-it-yourself methods to clean the ketchup stains from your carpet. With Bio Oxy Stain Remover you’ll be able to professionally and thoroughly remove the entire stain from your carpet quickly and easily. All you’ll need is:
- Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- A dry towel or paper towels
- A wet towel or sponge
- A vacuum cleaner (optional)
- A heavy weight
How to remove ketchup stains with Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- Use a dry towel or some paper towels to remove the ketchup from the carpet. Try your best to remove the ketchup as lightly as possible. If you put pressure on the ketchup it may only dig deeper into your carpeting.
- Use the wet towel or sponge to rinse the area with water. Try to flush out as much excess ketchup as possible.
- Spray the carpet stain with Bio Oxy Stain Remover and work it deeply into your carpet with your fingers so all the fibers are completely covered with Bio Oxy Stain Remover.
- Allow the product to sit on the carpet for up to 25 minutes. Then, use the wet towel to rinse out the rest of the product from the fibers of the carpet.
- Put the dry towel on top of the area and place the heavy weight on top of the towel. Check back in a couple hours and flip the towel over and replace the weight.
- In an hour or two remove the weight.
- Feel free to open a window or use a fan to dry the area.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to refresh the texture of your newly cleaned carpet.
- Repeat the above stains if the ketchup stain persists.