Why are grape juice stains on carpeting so difficult to remove?
Children and adults alike enjoy a nice glass of grape juice. Grape juice is a healthy and refreshing beverage that is often enjoyed in summer months by children just coming inside from playing in the sunshine. However, those beautiful summer days can be easily destroyed when your kids spill their grape juice all over your carpet. Grape juice stains are harsh stains that leave a telltale mark on your otherwise lovely carpeting. Grape juice is also essentially a dye and therefore bonds strongly with the fibers in your carpet.
Furthermore, we strongly advise you to steer clear of homemade DIY carpet stain removal techniques for removing grape juice stains from carpeting.
Many of these methods will encourage you to pour salt or other household items onto the stain. However, this will often only spread the stain onto more of your carpeting, as well as create an even greater mess for you to deal with. The best way to deal with a serious stain is to use a serious carpet stain removal product that is clinically formulated to deal with the toughest of stains.
Therefore, head on over to our online shop to pick up some professional carpet stain removal cleaner by Bio Oxy Stain Remover to clean the grape juice carpet stain quickly and thoroughly.
Tips for preventing grape juice stains in carpet
Accidents happen. Accidents happen more often when you have children. That’s why it’s always important to keep some heavy-duty cleaning products in the house for those unexpected spills. It’s also important to understand why these accidents happen and make a clear plan along with your children to prevent future spills on your carpet.
One great way to prevent carpet stains is to only allow your children to drink beverages in the kitchen. A “no drinks outside the kitchen” rule may sound harsh, but it is a surefire way to eliminate carpet stains from juice spills.
Additionally, ensure that your children always have a napkin or towel when drinking their grape juice near the carpeted areas. In this way, if a spill happens on the carpet, your child can easily start blotting the area with the towel as quickly as possible to reduce damage to your carpet.
How to remove grape juice stains from carpet
Grape juice stains are pretty serious. However, by using Bio Oxy Stain Remover you’ll be able to completely eliminate the carpet stain in no time. Here is all you’ll need:
- A damp towel
- Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- Some dry towels
- A vacuum cleaner (optional)
- A heavy weight
How to remove grape juice stains with Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- First, grab one of the dry towels and use some upper body strength to really blot out all of the excess moisture from the stained area. Be sure not to scrub the area, but rather dab the stain.
- Now, it’s time to use your secret weapon. Thoroughly spray the carpet stain with Bio Oxy Stain Remover. Now, work the product into the fibers of your carpeting with your fingers so all the fibers are covered with Bio Oxy Stain Remover. Feel free to also use a dry towel for this part, if desired.
- Allow Bio Oxy Stain Remover to sit on the carpeting for up to 10 minutes.
- Now, use the slightly wet towel to soak up the rest of the product from the fibers of the carpet.
- If you notice that the stain persists, repeat the above steps.
- Now that the stain has been removed, your carpet is quite wet. Place the heavy weight on top of the dry towel and allow it to sit for an hour or two.
- Check back in a couple hours and flip the towel over so that the dry side is down. Place the weight on top again.
- In an hour or two, remove the weight.
- Feel free to open a window or use a fan to dry the area.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to refresh the texture of your newly cleaned carpet.