Why are chocolate stains so difficult to remove from your carpet?
They say that eating chocolate actually releases endorphins in your brain that trigger your brain’s pleasure center. That’s why so many people feel great when eating milk and dark chocolate. Many people profess that chocolate actually reduces their stress levels temporarily. As you can see, chocolate is an amazing food with some bonafide benefits. There’s nothing more pleasurable than enjoying a nice dark chocolate bar after work while watching your favorite tv show in the livingroom. However, if you accidentally spill that dark chocolate all over your carpeting, those pleasurable feelings will instantly melt away, as the dark chocolate melts straight into your carpet.
Even the highest priced carpeting is not completely resistant to stains. Many carpet salespeople may profess that your new carpeting is resistant to many types of stains, but that is not always the case. And with chocolate stains, this is definitely not the case. Chocolate has a tendency to melt, and once the chocolate melts into your carpeting it’s all over. Forget about DIY-remedies that you may find online. Chocolate stains are serious business. And to combat a chocolate stain, you’ll need Bio Oxy Stain Remover to completely and thoroughly remove the chocolate stain from your carpet.
Again, many websites will encourage you to use a do-it-yourself method to remove chocolate stains from your carpet using items from your pantry like salt, vinegar, or sugar. However, these DIY methods will often only increase the stain and harm your carpet. We strongly recommend that you use a professional carpet cleaner like Bio Oxy Stain Remover that is specially formulated to remove tough stains like chocolate stains.
Tips for preventing chocolate stains on carpet
One simple way to prevent chocolate stains in your carpet is to only allow your guests to eat in non-carpeted areas. This rule is especially important if you have children. Training your kids to eat in the kitchen will serve them well in life, and it will also serve your carpet quite well.
Furthermore, when you or your child are eating chocolate, be sure to use a wet napkin to clean your fingers as you eat. Chocolate stains on carpeting often happen when chocolate-covered fingers accidentally brush against the carpet.
How to remove chocolate stains from carpet
Remember, do not risk your carpet with do-it-yourself methods to clean the chocolate stains. With Bio Oxy Stain Remover you’ll be able to professionally and thoroughly remove the entire stain from your carpet quickly and easily. All you’ll need is:
- Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- A dry towel or paper towels
- A wet towel or sponge
- A vacuum cleaner (optional)
- A heavy weight
How to remove chocolate stains with Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- Use a dry towel or some paper towels to remove the chocolate from the carpet. Try your best to remove the chocolate as lightly as possible. If you put pressure on the chocolate it may only dig deeper into your carpeting.
- Use the wet towel or sponge to rinse the area with water. Try to flush out as much excess chocolate as possible.
- Spray Bio Oxy Stain Remover liberally on the chocolate stained area of your carpet.
- Use your fingers or a sponge to really work Bio Oxy Stain Remover into the fibers of your carpet.
- Allow the product to sit on the carpet for up to 25 minutes. Then, use the wet towel to rinse out the rest of the product from the fibers of the carpet.
- Put the dry towel on top of the area and place the heavy weight on top of the towel.
- In a few hours, remove the weight and feel free to open a window or use a fan to dry the area.
- Finally, spruce up the texture of your carpeting using the vacuum extension.